Self taught programmer for a decade... how do i get a good job?
by gigaplanet - 09-28-2023, 06:51 PM
I have programmed pretty much everything at this point, unity scripts in C#, ios apps in Obj-c, nueral nets in python, web apps in ruby, etc.
How do i get a good job?
fix a good CV, and apply for jobs, if you skilled enough, you will find job easily
Do you have project you can show ?
More and more companies focus on skills and less about studies or school :)
As everybody sad, show off your skills.
In addition, try finding people that know you or your skills and can recommend you or refer you to job opportunities.
you need to have a porfolio, meaning, you need to show previous projects so companies know you have the skills they are looking for, nowadays they don't even care if you have a degree.

Be active on linkedin, Order you CV in an interesting way.

Also, and most important of all... search guides on youtube about how to handle interviews, trust me, that is gonna help you.

Good luck buddy.
I would work on this if i was you:
1) A portfolio is a collection of projects that showcase your skills and experience. It’s a great way to demonstrate your coding abilities to potential employers.
2) Networking is an essential part of any job search
3) Use job search engines like Indeed and LinkedIn
4) it’s important to prepare thoroughly. Research the company, practice common interview questions, and be ready to discuss your experience and skills.
(09-28-2023, 06:51 PM)gigaplanet Wrote: I have programmed pretty much everything at this point, unity scripts in C#, ios apps in Obj-c, nueral nets in python, web apps in ruby, etc.
How do i get a good job?

Do some research on tech companies that are willing to hire you for your skills. Such as Google, Microsoft, or IBM.
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. I am working on a couple projects to show off.

Obviously I could just go on github and frankenclone a bunch of stuff lol.

Then I will create a nice resume. Not in a rush so will take my time.
Just create a Github profile and work hard. When your open source projects are priceless you'll get very high stars.

In my country (Italy) the HR looks firstly there.
i don't know but gl

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where to learn Python, and what good methods? potatoisscaryman 4 849 02-04-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: wmtrader