One piece
by Egg12345 - 11-16-2023, 11:45 PM
I did not expect to be this sad over Ace's death as I already knew the spoiler. But I'm a mess I read other people's reaction and many people did not feel much attached to his character by the time of his death and felt more upset because of his relationship with the people around him, Whiteboard and his crew, luffy and Garp. I understand it was because his character was not fully explored by that time. Young Luffy and Ace's story also comes after his death. Thus, I was also expecting the same reaction from me but it was his relationship with himself that hurt me the most about his death.
His tragic childhood, marked by dark thoughts and questioning his right to exist, deeply saddened me. Constantly hearing disparaging remarks about his father and enduring the loss of his mother in childbirth, a sacrifice to protect him, burdened him as a young child.. His self worth was at a rock bottom from the day he was born it seems like. People gossiping about his dad in front of him kept making it worse. Then on the battle day as well he kept urging Whitebeard's crew and the other ally pirates to return because he did not feel like he deserved that. He did not feel like he deserved any help from his younger brother. He was constantly feeling guilty simply by the idea of them losing their lives for him when he himself would have done the same. His perpetual concern for others over himself was evident.
When he expressed the desire to live, realizing people loved and were willing to do anything for him, it brought tears to my eyes. The heartbreak lay in the awareness that he was realizing this a bit too late..
edit - There have been multiple similar posts about Ace's death with Ace's death in the title. The sole reason i felt like the post is allowed here, and it literally happened more than a DECADE AGO....... but suddenly this one gets targeted for spoiler??
inactive accounts becoming active....
people pretending to be surprised by Ace's death spoiler..
at this point i just feel like i am being BULLIED.. i'm unfollowing my own post lol bye.. :) have fun!!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  One Piece is the best show ever gigaplanet 20 4,162 07-13-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: kelor
  One Piece nonymone 21 6,013 06-14-2024, 01:29 AM
Last Post: Muhammed 12
  One Piece noyovil346 1 667 03-06-2024, 10:07 PM
Last Post: zastound
  One Piece Egg12345 0 632 11-16-2023, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Egg12345